Monday 16 January 2017

Satellite; a celestial body orbiting earth or another planet - Katy Garnham, Year One

This poem is for poetry and poetics, it's more of a spoken word piece that has been influenced by button poetry as well as classical poetry (which it lends a few lines from) and Neil Hilbourne in particular. It's pretty rough and needs work, but I hope to include it in my portfolio, so any advice and changes would be greatly appreciated.

Satellite; a celestial body orbiting earth or another planet.

I understand you now
Fixed to my ever
Wand'ring bark
I love thee freely
I love the purely
And with a love I swore I'd lost
O whistle and I'll come to you
Clawing the earth for answers, put both of us at ease
The deeper you dug, the more I love you
So long as men can breathe, eyes can see,
So long live I-you give life to me.

I'll sail desperate seas
If it means you're at peace
I'll walk until my boots bleed
So you walk
Beautiful in the night
Unafraid

I'll love the unlovable
And scar my body more
If you are greeted with sincere kisses,
familiar touch, bliss
I will be at peace.
I'd fight twice as hard
For you than myself
I'd split my soul into fractions
if it means yours remained unscathed.

I'd crawl to the ends of the earth on my hands
Running, tripping, scraping,
Skin my knees.
Make me bleed
So not one drop of blood left your vessel

I tried to write you a sonnet
But fourteen lines was not enough
Iambic pentameter twisted my tongue into
"How do I love thee?"
If I could count the ways
we'd be here forever

This isn't enough

 Nothing ever will be

But eclipse me and know this
I am not blind in your dark.

I see you perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment