Friday 13 January 2017

Moon-Choly- Alasdair S. Goudie, Year 1, Journalism with Creative Writing

I posted this poem to Instagram previously, but I'm basically looking for some more advanced feedback than the ones I've received. And it'll be interesting to see if my own problems about it align with what you notice. Anyway, enjoy! 



                                                                 Moon-Choly

I'm unused to getting
Over you
As months on months descended,
I passed the recommended
Limit of moving on.

We became friends where once were lovers,
And I feigned happiness to see you in
Another's arms,
Falling for
Another's charms
Where mine had since caved in.

But yours still waltzed inside my mind.
Your ability to tease my soul
Still most unkind
I see your charming corner-smirk,
Your hands a-glide across my chest,
Your lips as they kindled fires across my neck
And I fell for all of you again.

To live my life as normal
Is impossible without your love
Improbable outside your heart
And so I suspect I never will.

Every message that we send
Every man that you befriend
Ensures that I further do descend,
My passions, cast again-
Firing, like synapses, throughout the night. 


I remember trying to find the moon-
How on darker nights, I would miss its
White, steady, alluring shape.
But it would be its absence that made
The night sky bleaker
Assaulting the heart of this eternal dreamer,
Removing his will to go on.

I've found no-one to match me since you,
In the googleplex of ways you used to do.
We'll keep our friendly, distanced chat-
One that keeps me still on this fared track,
But one that I could never repeal.
And in spite of all I might try to do,
I guess I'll always be

Moon-choly, 

doo-lally, 

for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment