Saturday 28 January 2017

Katie Thomas Year 1: The Smoke

First time I've ever actually finished a poem so here goes:

The Smoke

There is a city that never sleeps,
But I know of one that does.

The darkness and bleak of a shadowed town.
Quiet and still as the trees dream.

The motionless monstrosities
Painted blacker than death;

Finally at peace from the day,
Yet another lies ahead.

There is a place called the City of Light,
But I've seen them only at dusk.

I gaze down at them, at you, while you sleep;
So tranquil, content, at peace.

You'll never know what beauty I endure.
What magic you find at night.

We all know the City of Angels,
But my one if far from that.

The city I look at from dusk till dawn
Is unique in itself, alone.

An old English town, beloved by many.
Most commonly know as The Smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment