Friday 10 March 2017

Year 2 - 'Spring' By Claire Fraser

I thought I'd give you my Spring poem from my seasonal poetry since we're stumbling into spring now.


As I frolic through the lavender field
I stumble upon a sight, concealed.
Amongst the flowers, they did wield
the means to create their golden yield.

Workers dive in and out busily
as they land upon their source softly,
then return to their mother, freely.

And so, the beautiful bumbling bees
quietly buzz in the open breeze,
sailing around the flourishing trees,
like fishermen in vast open seas.

Dainty feet and delicate petal touch,
like stroking frail skin of one you love so much,
cocooning themselves in your safe clutch.

Their fuzzy bodies float around my head,
comfortable with my presence, without dread
they flaunt their stripes, and to their home I was led.
To the ether, I shamelessly said:

If I got the chance to encounter someone of such beauty as this,
I would take them by the hand, and thenceforth life would truly be bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment