Wednesday 8 March 2017

Don't- Katy Garnham Yr 1

I do write happy poems too, I swear. -Katy

Don't

Leave me. Please-
It's not working for either of us.
Even though I know I can change,
I just keep dragging you down,
I know you can't be there for me
Twenty four seven, Three six Five,
I'm always there for you.

I can only try so much
to help you understand, to know
how I love you
never falters, it's never affected
my mental health
it's just not the same anymore.
When you smile it's hard, forced
I feel like I don't make you happy.

I think I drain you
when you're well
but I'm used to feeling numb
You used to be a shock to my system
Inside me happiness swells
You're my everything.

Thank you;
with everything you did
You quiet the storm going on
Up north
I struggled so long feeling loved.

It felt like you loved me.



No comments:

Post a Comment