Friday 3 March 2017

Cherry Blossom - Harry G Clark - Year 1

As you can see, this piece is comprised of two individual poems that are linked. I look forward to seeing what could be improved and what worked. Many thanks!

1)     Transient Beauty
How can a tree be so captivating?
Calming pinks,
Cloud-like abundance,
the cherry blossom is nature’s brief gift.

As I stand,
in this mock garden
of a culture to which I do not belong,
the concrete jungle outside
seems distant
while I’m under this exotic tree.

Why am I fixated on this
one, specific thing?
Perhaps it’s the rarity?
The colour? The symbolism
of innocence and delicate youth
This Japanese flower deserves my attention.

I take as many shots as I can,
mementos of my time spent well.
I fear I’ll never capture it’s beauty in a still
and lifeless photo.
Are petals so delicate
meant to last?

2)     Sakura’s Musing 
Petals so frail
do not last.

My admirer,
you are in the prime of
your life,
I am at the end
of mine.

Oh young one,
does my short life
make me special?
You will live for nearly a century!
I.... I live for a couple of decades.

Watcher mine,
my delicacy is sacred to you,
the apple of your eye.
My fragile being
is my achilles heel.

My passing visitor,
thank you for your brief company,
it may as well have been years.
The innocence of my flower
is fleeting.
A Cherry Blossom’s transient beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment