Saturday 25 February 2017

KFC by candelight - Liam Acornley Year 1


Here's to another 6 months
I won’t buy you a diamond ring
I can’t afford it love,
and god forbid we ever wed
there would be no doves.

I shan’t budget a turkey roast
or take you out to dine,
I can only really afford
the pride to call you mine.

I might buy you some games on steam,
granted, they’re on sale.
I’d try and steal the moon for you
but I’d end up in jail...

So fuck expenses, cuddles are free
and so is Popcorn time.
I’d even let you have the last chip
even though it’s clearly mine!

Let’s just read comics, that’s fairly cheap
though you prefer DC…
I’m more of a marvel fan myself;
but ill deal with it for you and me.

Let them keep their stretch limos
they take to their romantic night,
all I want is you and I,
and KFC by candlelight

No comments:

Post a Comment