Thursday 23 February 2017

Bodies - Paige J Mader - Year 1

When you touch me
You give me little dreams,
Fragments,
Like the fog you wake up to
at 3 AM when you know
You were dreaming about something,
You just can’t remember what,
You just remember it consuming you for that brief,
little moment.

When I touch you,
It’s like reading a map.
Your skin is your geography,
Your bones the topography,
The slope of your shoulders,
Giving way, like bluffs, into oblivion,
The irregular ribbing of your ribcage,
Pressed up against my molehills,
Don’t hide, you say.
We’re climbing these mountains together.

Your hands guide my hands
Here.
            and     Here.
Showing me the rhythm in my hips.
Telling your version
of Our Story
of Intimacy
and Fear
and Insecurity
and Acceptance.
Finally, Acceptance.

Nestled in the valley of your chest,
We made high ground today.
And as we came down,
Your fingers laced in mine the whole way,
I felt a shudder overtake me,
The way a person shudders
When they know they’ve got something extraordinary.
Something electric.

That sets fire to my skin,
And pulls me by my hair,
But I don’t really notice,
And I don’t really care.
Just hold me that much closer
For that much longer.
I’ll dream my little dreams,
And then we’ll come back tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment