Friday 24 February 2017

Fresher Fear - Fran Sutton Year 1


When motivation is shit
I’ll pretend that maybe I got hit.
If it was by a moving truck
Then I guess I wouldn’t give a fuck
My brain might be mush on the street
But I wouldn’t have to do any work for a week.

They say that ‘Uni is the dream’
But I can hear my brain scream
I never wanted the graduation cape
Now it feels I will never escape
I signed myself up for this way of life
Not realising then it would be fraught with strife.

But back to the point of this rhyme
I think that I’m running out of time
Personal point: I think poetry sucks
I’d rather just spend all my money in Starbucks
Hopefully coffee will get me through
I apologise to my teachers, I’m not trying to offend you.

I don’t hate Uni, I just hate doing work
I’m starting to feel like a bit of a jerk,
How do I know if I’m on the right course?
I’d rather just be having intercourse - 
Maybe then I wouldn’t have anxiety
About having to become a functional member of society.

I don’t think I’ll volunteer for workshop again
I really didn’t mean to be such a pain
It’s just what with all these deadlines and shit
I feel like I’m falling into a pit,
This crushing weight of great pressure
Will only get worse when I’m not a fresher.



No comments:

Post a Comment