Sunday 15 November 2015

Alex Dinnadge Yr2 - Portrait

Alex Dinnadge - Second Year

Portrait

I explore my mind,
To put pencil to page,
A type of therapy to find,
Someway to break out this cage.
I sketch a man,
Featured like mine,
Cleansing began,
As I drew each line.

I give him eyes, shaded in blue,
To see the world and what to pursue.
I draw his arms held above his head,
To carry burdens and continue ahead.
I draw some legs, long in length,
To move him a lifetime, with powerful strength.
I lace his shoes, making them tight,
To tread paths, day and night.

I relax and feel a release,
Slump back in my seat, inhale,
Ease the conflict, internal peace,
Unlocking the door to my mental jail.
Exhale, colour to my face,
Thoughts flow, my head clear,
No pressure, my own pace,
Comfort and happiness reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment