Monday 26 October 2015

Megan Turner Year 2 - The Room



EXT. FRONT OF COLLEGE BUILDING – DAY
Charlotte sits on a bench

Sound: (charlotte’s thoughts) ‘I’ve never been pretty enough. Even bro knows it, though he’d never say it. Why would anyone be interested in me? I thought. Until everything changed.

Nina comes on to get charlotte

                                           Nina
Hey! What are you doing there all by yourself? Come with me.

Charlotte timidly gets up and looks worried. Nina takes her to meet people

INT. MAIN LOUNGE OF HOUSE
Nina and Charlotte enter, where Jason, Heather and Tom are.

                                 Nina
       Everyone! Meet the new girl, Charlotte

                     Everyone in unison
                          Hey charlotte!

                                 Jason
             So, newbie, where’d ya come from?

                                   Charlotte
 Oh…um just some stuck-up part of town near DC, totally didn’t fit in

                                        Jason
                        (LAUGHS) Huh, well, now you do

Jason smiles at Charlotte, gives her a kiss on the cheek and wonders off to get a drink.

Sound: (Charlotte’s thoughts) – ‘has a guy actually just taken an interest in me?’

INT. TOM’S BEDROOM - DAY
We see Charlotte, Nina, Jason, Tom and Heather chatting in mime, showing the progression of their relationships…

      INT. MAIN LOUNGE - NIGHT
Everyone but Charlotte is dressed in their pyjamas and has a cup of some sort of brew. Charlotte enters.

                                 Heather
Have some of this babe, it takes the pounds off sharpish! We have it all the time

Hesitantly Charlotte takes the cup and sips.

                      Charlotte
              Mmm it’s good!

                            Nina
Oh my god! Let’s have a makeover!

                     Charlotte
                  Uh?…um…

Nina grabs charlotte and pulls her in front of the mirror

                           Nina
Tonight’s your lucky night, I’ve got some spare dye!

                        Charlotte
                    Oh…umm…okay

Nina gets her hair dye and begins dying Charlotte’s hair, then wraps it up in a bun. Nina does Charlotte a face pack while Charlotte’s hair is dying and then Charlotte walks off stage to wash her hair out.

                                 Heather
  I’m gonna find her something to wear!

PAUSE

INT. BATHROOM
Heather follows Charlotte into the bathroom. Charlotte is washing off the face pack that is horrifically burning her skin.

    Charlotte
It really hurts!!

Heather
It’s supposed to silly

Heather walks back into the main lounge, followed by Charlotte. 
Charlotte has her hair dyed a deep brown and it is curled, she’s smiling. Her face pack has been taken off and makeup is done. They turn to each other and chat and while Charlotte stands and thinks to herself.

Sound: (Charlotte’s thoughts) – ‘How can my acne just disappear like that? I look…good. I can hardly recognise myself right now. Wow.

INT. CHARLOTTE’S BEDROOM - DAY/NIGHT
A passing off time as Charlotte continues to drink the brew in her bedroom and losing more and more weight.

EXT. COLLEGE GROUNDS - DAY
Charlotte has just finished class and is walking home. Jason appears and runs up to her

          Jason
Hey Scarlett, wait up!

Charlotte turns around, confused

    Charlotte
Um, my name’s Charlotte...

        Jason
Oh. Right. Yeah, sorry. Been a long day, you alright?

       Charlotte
I’m fine. Gotta get home. I’ll seeya later.

INT. MAIN LOUNGE OF HOUSE
Charlotte gets home and Nina is laying on the couch, reading

                 Charlotte
Hey, Nina…you’know…Jason was really weird earlier.

Nina sits up

Nina
How?

Charlotte
Well, he sorta got my name wrong, said this other girl’s name…as if he was convinced it was me. I mean, he’s known me for a while now…I think it was Scarlet or something, aand I know they sound similar but-

Nina
 - Charlotte

Charlotte
Yeah?

PAUSE

                            Nina
Well…there was this girl that lived here before called Scarlett. She left before you moved in…

                      Charlotte
 What? Where did she go?

                          Nina
 Well, you could say she went a bit crazy…

                 Charlotte
                  How?

                       Nina
 I don’t know, like she became obsessed with herself. Never thought she was ‘pretty’ enough, always going on…she was stunning. Like unrealistically stunning. And didn’t we all know it. And so did she.

                Charlotte
   And she left because?...

                   Nina
I’m sorry to say, well, she’s not exactly here anymore…

           Charlotte
      You mean?...

            Nina
Yeah…but most people think she’s just taking a year out, so I probably wouldn’t go around talking about it.


        Charlotte
 No, of course. But why didn’t you tell me? I’ve got her room…I feel sick – I need go to


INT. CHARLOTTE EXITS THE MAIN LOUNGE

No comments:

Post a Comment