Tuesday 27 October 2015

I'll wait...


Sorry I've posted this so late guys!

Tyler Alexander



I see it all. Every person who stops and stares at my big eyes is noticed/seen. I analyse them. Look at their facial expressions as they look at all of my being.  I can see them but I can’t hear them (unfortunately). My maker didn’t give me any ears so I’ve had to compromise. Lip reading. Lip reading helps me understand these people.

They always tend to say “wow an owl made out of stone.” Then they get really close to me. They peer over everything to see me. It does make me feel special I cant lie.  The closer they get the more I see. The wonder and awe on their faces. The different smells that they all have. Once someone came in smelling like the woods, you know that earthy smell. It made me feel at home. Oh how I wished they’d take me with them, but once again I was left sitting there. Constantly being looked at but never wanted.

That’s the hardest part about living here. Everyone looks at me and inspects every part of me (including the price of course) but never takes me home with them. Maybe I’m too pricey? Its heart breaking when my friends get a nice home and family and I’m left sitting here. Day in day out. On the cold days I see no one. The whit staircase in front of me is the only scenery I’ve ever had. I wonder if it’s tired of looking at me? I’m tired of looking at it. I wish I had wings so I could fly away from here. Settle myself in another place, see some new faces (these mushrooms don’t say much).

Again why I learnt to lip-read. It was hard at first because some people talk so fast! I don’t know how they have time to breathe. Words fall out of their mouths faster than I can read them. That’s when life here gets hard. When I’m left staring blankly into peoples eyes, reading their souls desire. Maybe not their soul, just their eyes. Deep into their eyes.

I’ve seen eyes of all colours.
Brown
Blue
Green
Black
Sometimes they have these things protecting their eyes. These eye protectors make their eyes look so big. Nearly as big as mine!

Once someone walked in and had an owl on them. I don’t know what you call the things they put on, but they look weird. Anyway they had an owl and I was ecstatic! Another one of me! It was colourful and elegant. I tried to get its attention. Let them know they’re not alone here. I’m not ALONE here! But they didn’t notice me. Not one look. That just proves I’m unnoticeable. I’m easy to miss when there’s so much more to see here. So now I shall sit. Sit and wait. I’ll sit here everyday until THE day. THE DAY! That’s when I’ll be take, held, loved. To be loved must be magical.

Yes I’ll wait. I’ll wait and watch and then wait a bit more. I’m timeless so I guess you could say “I have all the time in the world.”

Another person just walked in. no hair on top of their head and those eye protector things.  They didn’t look for long. They didn’t even glance at me.

I’ll guess I’ll just continue to wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment