Friday 9 October 2015

Anna, he's gone. by Emma Pullen

This is for first year creative writing, enjoy!


‘Anna, he’s gone.’
These are the first words that came out of my parent’s mouths when they walk through the door. I don’t believe them.
He made a promise that he would never leave me, not like this.
I start getting ready to go and visit him at the hospital. I look in the mirror and brush my bleach blonde hair. I will show them, he’s not dead.
My parents refuse to give me a lift, it’s fine, I can walk, I don’t need them.
‘Anna, he’s gone.’
I get to the hospital; they won’t let me see him. His beautiful blue eyes are all I can think about. I must see him. I scream at the nurse. ‘He’s not dead!’ ‘What have you done to him?’ ‘I hate all of you!’
‘Anna, he’s gone.’
If only I had been there to say goodbye, if he stayed strong for a couple more hours..
I wish I had seen him more, he will never know how much he meant to me, I must see him.
‘Anna, he’s gone.’
I hugged my mother today, begged her to never leave. I don’t want to feel anymore.
So strong little Anna isn’t so strong after all.
‘Anna, he’s gone.’
Funeral day has come, the day I can finally say goodbye.
I thank him for everything he did for me, and prayed that I see him again one day.
Tears fall like raindrops, I need to go home.
‘Anna, he’s gone.’

‘I know..’

No comments:

Post a Comment