Sunday 23 November 2014

The Birth of a Demon

By Alex Hamilton GROUP B


Fleeing through this barren tundra
I slip over the silk covered mountains
Like oil over water
I see him, lurking like a shark
That Ustioian bastard in the Eagle!

Hunting my prey!
My eye’s gaze through the blizzard
The pride of Belka on the run!
I unleash a Sidewinder, howling of the rail
Like an attack dog chasing it’s victim

The screams of danger in my headset
Tearing to the right, popping flares as I go
Sweat drips down from my neck hoping, praying,
I Tricked the spear of death it streaks pass me
I punch the air in relief


I smirk, nice move buddy!
Show me a another trick
But I’m still the Hunter,
You’re a Rabbit on the run
I launch once more into the cold skies 

The shrieks of danger return
I panic as the flare counter displays a lonely zero
the fear of futility takes hold
Good by my wife, I was bested in these skies
A bang a fireball I live no more 

A ball of flame on the floor 
A man breathes no more
Now just a tally on a wall
Taken by the ravages of war
But one day I will be like him......


And I will meet him once more 

No comments:

Post a Comment