Thursday 20 November 2014

My Mistake, Group A workshop, Alex Dinnadge











My Mistake,


An accusation based on poor accumulations.


Her angelic looks graffitied by devastation


Her eyes bursting with despair.


Her head filled with what could have been, but can be no more.


 


We sit face to face; she occasionally breaks through the tide to peer at me.


I stare at the result of my destruction,


My skin pale with regret and sorrow.


Her skin beaming as the light bounces from her watery complexion.


Making her glow.


 


I slowly move towards her,


Trying not to shatter her fragile interior,


I gently polish my thumb across her cheek,


Trying not to scar her wounded exterior.


I feel her tears fall onto my guilt soaked soul,


 


With her cup of strength half empty,


She pushes my hand away.


My hope leaks away like the mascara from her eyes.


Knowing that my error is fatal,
I turn away for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment