Tuesday 13 February 2018

'A Journey Home' by Katie Thomas

This dirt I stand on is old, I long for a younger world.
 
I can slip between these trees and find myself among new woods, of one hundred acres. 
 
Or I could drift, and dream of storms for eighty-four days, until I reach lion’s shores.  
 
Perhaps what I’ll find is a world of green; glorious countryside. Hills smothered with cows, what secrets they must hide.
 
And while I’m at it, I’ll befriend a fox, one like no other. I’ve heard from the locals he’s rather fantastic. 
 
If I get lost I can take the train, where the tracks could chase me back to wherever I call home.
 
I could always part the tides, walk the deserts, do all things and even have time for a revelation. 
 
I venture far, with every step I fall deeper; swimming, drowning in an infinite sea of twenty-six. I keep my breath held, it’s rushing and churning, and I’m coughing and spewing. Pink faced, blue toes, white knuckles, tears streaming,  
 
Knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment