Friday 3 October 2014

My Creative Piece for Tuesday's Workshop

Dragon Fire
Prologue:
A story about my life

Normal fairy-tale stories start with ‘once upon a time’ or ‘long long ago’ but this isn’t a story. Ok it’s filled with dragon people, elemental wizards, aquarians and more but this is a tale of a person’s history - A life
My life
My name is Royale. I am part of the Dragon Fire Tribe. I am one of three but the only daughter, which can be seen as befitting considering how out of place I am within my life. Basically I am a fire heart that cannot breathe fire and to add to my dramatic story of a life, my father is the king. My brothers (twins) on the other hand are great and powerful fire hearts both together and apart. They are skilled warriors and in all, a fine example of high classed royalty. As for my mother, well she is a mystery and father refuses to speak of her. Well in short this is my poor excuse of a life but little did I know that I was not named royale just because of my lineage.



Chapter One:
The Calling (My school trap)


It was about five in the morning, the sun peaked at me though my heavy velvet bed curtains. I was having an amazing dream about how wonderful my life would be if I was stronger and more talented, how women would envy and admire me and men would bow at my feet and ask for my hand in married. When I suddenly heard “Royale! , ROYALE! Get up, you lazy wolfblood!” No surprise. That was Jason, one of my older brothers and this was his wonderful way of waking me up in the mornings. Screaming my name, Shouting abuse and jumping on my bed. Who would believe he was older? “Royale, you'll be late for your first day of training!” Jason shouted as he tried to knock open my door “get a move on, you air breathing Aquarian! “. Dam! I’d forgotten about that, father thought it would “help me develop” if I started training with the fire warriors. “I'm coming! Give me a minute” I replied with all the energy my tired body would give me.
An hour later, I found myself stood outside campus. In front of me through giant heavy blacken barred arches, was this beautiful, magical yet slightly creepy building. It was about eleven floors tall but it seemed to go beyond the sky itself, its huge stone walls were dark and matted with greenery – obvious signs that it had stood there for ancient years. “Ok” I unconvincingly muttered myself “Do your best. Actually on second thoughts, just make sure your still breathing by the end of the day”. I stepped through the blacken barred arch, I could not help feeling small and powerless as I did so, which almost by instinct had made me turned round and look back, From then on, I knew there was something not quite right about this place, it made me feel uneasy. I took a deep breath in and turned back around to continue my unwanted journey towards the academy, when I notice a man standing by the front entrance.

He looked too old to still be standing strong on his own two feet and it was clear his now white and thin hair was once thick, luscious and red. He wore an odd coloured waist coat on top of a black shirt with stained brown trousers which looked far too big for his stature. Just looking at him, I thought ‘what a weird and tatty old man’ but then my eyes were drawn into his fiery blood brown ones and they told me straight away he was a man to be respected as well as feared. Those eyes seemed too youthful to be on such a tall, slim yet old frame yet those eyes also seemed tired, like they have seen far more than they should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment