Wednesday 8 October 2014

A Reply



Approached her downstairs at a Camden bar,
my “rolled up sleeves” and your black guitar.
I said “What did you do with him today?”
Her drink there poured (another Tanqueray).

She was my bella, my pride.
I shouldna let you die!

It was her time to live no more.
I told her she’d be lucky if she cheated the law.

She needed her health,
And I knew, she did.
I told her, “no more doubles”.
For just a couple more quid.

I knew at first a media ploy,
As time went on it became decoy.

I’m thinking of you and your tattooed bows,
Your beehive hair and your tight fit clothes.
Went up to meet your friends and sister.
I do miss you still but I feel so bitter.

You couldn't even finish your tour,
I told you I would be your       only cure.
You lost all of your wealth,
Again I saw, you did.
I told her, she was artful.

Just like when we were kids.  

Carina Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment