Thursday 9 October 2014

Beware of the Brew - Alex Dinnadge Group A

Beware of the brew

Her eyes bulging,
Her face fuming,
To shout at me would be time consuming,
Her stare, just as effective
Feel like I’m being mentally infected.

I break her gaze,
And glance around,
To be haunted by what my eyes found.
A spear, knives and some cacti,
Run Alex run springs to mind.

I walk around to shield her view,
On potential weapons in the room.
I suppose the cactus won’t be too bad,
Maybe she is better…. Nope she’s still mad.

I say sorry, bringing out the keyword,
She looks at me as if what I've said is absurd.
Does she want to be cuddled?
Maybe she will get muddled,
Mistake it for an attack,
To which she will fight back,
Am I a daydream believer?
Or is she holding a cleaver?

Like Usain Bolt my timing is critical,
But I’m not Michael Jackson; I’m not a smooth criminal.
The door is locked,
Is her gun cocked?
Weave and zig-zag,
Or lay in a body bag.

Hoping she’s a pacifist,
I sneak a peek at her fists,
Tensed and closed,
I’m weak and exposed.
My frail exterior cannot be missed,
I’m looking a bit like Oliver Twist,
Not pleading to have some more,
But to open her front door.

But if I leave her now, will she hunt me down,
I’ll take that as a yes from her permanent frown,
I fall down into the corner,
‘Stay away!’ I warn her.

‘Come on, I’ll make us a tea’
I enter the kitchen timidly
Is she going to spike my Typhoo?
Probably, if I’m judging by her regular brew,
Ask for one sugar, and she gives me two,
So much sugar that you have to chew.

I slurp my drink,
And sit back to think,
I think Im forgiven,
Another chance I’ve been given,
We will celebrate with champagne,
And maybe chow mein,
This sugar really looks like cocaine.

Feeling drowsy, I try leave,
But I stagger like I do on New Year’s eve.
Falling to the floor with an almighty whack,
I can feel some hands grabbing my back.

Like a broom, I’m sweeping the ground,
She is pulling me somewhere I won’t be found,
I can feel the end coming close,
Can’t believe she gave me an overdose,
And as I stop being grabbed,
I lay slumped with the relief that I was not stabbed.

By Alex Dinnadge


No comments:

Post a Comment