Thursday 24 September 2015

YEAR 2: Cat By Alex Pritchard

A poisonous paradox,
And a deadly isolation,
Has given me a transparent form,
And left me in a deadly comfort.

I can only breathe in here,
And I’m suffocating,
Clinging to the scratchings in my wooden imagination,
Trapped in endless confines.

Spin me a yarn,
And let me play with the strings,
I’ll weave you an image you’ve never seen,
Every night in your daydreams.

So be honest,
You understand the truth,
Does the world see its own box?
Can we leave it safely in danger?

Spin me a perfect yarn,
Play with the strings,
Wrap it round your finger,
Unravel the world, let it fray, spin ‘till it stills.

Do not open me,
And look inside,
What do you see?
I’m not afraid of the fear inside.

It’s a poisonous paradox,
So leave me.
Please don’t leave me.
Keep me alone, warm on your lap.

Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment