Tuesday 7 November 2017

Star by Fleuranelle Duwhaz

Holy night oh star so bright
Come cover and guide me as you do every night.
Your image like a moonlit candle
Your perseverance, a taste of your ambition
And your mind an open novel of tales.
You guide and you glide,
So let me come with you in the sky tonight on this heavenly night.

Your embers draw me and tell me to come closer
But how close can I get to you before you say no,
Before you become too dangerous and I have to go back to looking at you from this oh so constricting window.
The refractions of light almost like warning bars to tell me that I can only go so far.
Oh heavenly star, let me join you in the sky tonight.

Let me let you cover me with your glowing warmth.
Caress my skin as the night passes, and once again I’ll admire your last wave
So when I wake I can look forward to seeing you again.
Let me yearn for your presence so I can continue to dream about you, resting up there on this heavenly night.
This star, my star that shines so bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment