Monday 8 February 2016

Jump Training by Zoe Chisengalumbwe - Workshop (Year One)


Jump Training 

Most of these people don’t see. 
Sleep is a mistake. It holds
A promise of cardiac arrest, with every swish of carriage doors.
I can’t think of anything drearier.
Mystic lands to glancing up at some string-bearded freak.
I would be armed with excuses. 

First of all, I had it worse than all
These other passengers. 
There was only half a minute, the machines malfunctioned. 
Of course I was prepared to pay. 

Not entirely sure 
(Actually I was certain) of where you were. 
I’m buying my ticket now. 

And if that doesn’t work
another excuse, 
which in part, 
holds more truth. 

I can’t find it
I never bought it 
In my pocket, It was never 
I must have lost it.

Excuse 

one, 
stop away 

would you, dismiss this 

I’m 
under-age 

terribly 
frightened  

I
                                                                               Jump 

the train. 


No comments:

Post a Comment