Monday 2 February 2015

Do I Exist? - Melissa Robertson

Do they know that I am here?
Does he know that I breathe?
Does she know that I stand here?
Waiting,
For you.

As I always have, never moving.
Everlasting.
Strength in knowing that I've found
What I've but dreamed of.

Do they know that I'm around?
Does he know that I'm taken?
Does she know that you are?
Doubts,
Of you.

Things I've never felt, though true.
I'm scared. Can't you see?
You can take it away.
Do you want to, or are you now cruel?

Please don't change,
You are perfect.
You're the one
I've always wanted.
"Not good enough"
Are you kidding?
I don't know
Just how to
Explain it now.
Just a kiss,
Just a cuddle,
Or three words ...
Five if you
Remember our days
Of secrecy and
Passion. Exploration. Beginnings.
I love you.
Do you understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment